PlayDate Digital’s Apps are intended for use by children, with parental participation and supervision. Our Website (www.playdatedigital.com) is designed for adults. Please refer to the relevant sections in this policy for each.
3. Personal Information and Children: PlayDate Digital is committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) and the regulations of the Federal Trade Commission in the operation of our Apps.
Kids Privacy Assured by PRIVO: COPPA Safe Harbor Certification
PlayDate Digital is included in PRIVO’s Kids Privacy Assured COPPA Safe Harbor Certification Program (“the Program”). The Program certification applies to the digital properties listed on the validation page that is viewable by clicking on the PRIVO seal. PRIVO is an independent, third-party organization committed to safeguarding children’s personal information collected online. PRIVO aims to help parents and their children exercise control over personal information while exploring the Internet. The PRIVO COPPA certification seal posted on this page indicates PlayDate Digital has established COPPA compliant privacy practices and has agreed to submit to PRIVO’s oversight and consumer dispute resolution process. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at [(917) 689-8071 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have further concerns after you have contacted us, you can contact PRIVO directly at email@example.com.
PlayDate Digital does not knowingly actively collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. We do not request that children provide us with personally identifiable information, and do not offer features that are intended to collect such information from children.
We do work with some third party analytics providers for support for our internal operations as permitted under COPPA. Please see the third party section below.
Please note that the My Little Pony: Lights, Camera, Ponies! app gives users the ability to narrate videos. Audio created using this feature is not stored on PlayDate Digital’s servers and is not shared with any unaffiliated third parties or other users. You may visit the device’s privacy settings to enable or disable the microphone function at any time.
If you have any question regarding PlayDate Digital’s data collection practices regarding children, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at (917) 689-8071.
4. Personal Information and Adults: PlayDate Digital provides certain features within our Apps that are intended for use by parents or legal guardians. These features are contained within a section noted as “Parents Corner,” behind a parental age-gate, and are not intended to be used by children.
In the Parents Corner, we may collect search query information when visitors search for information on our products. Parents who wish to sign up for our newsletter may be asked to provide us with their email address. Users may unsubscribe from this feature at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within each newsletter. Any additional information from visitors we use to address their questions and comments is deleted upon completion of the query.
Collection of Non-Personal Information: PlayDate Digital uses tracking technology to collect non-personally identifiable information from our users, including the Unique Device Identifier (UDID) for your mobile device. We may use Tracking Technologies to help tailor our content, understand content usage and improve or customize our content and offerings. These Tracking Technologies specifically collect non-personal data, and do not collect information from users outside of the app. We do not combine personal information with non-personal information.
5. Our Use of Information: We use anonymous, non-personal data to for internal operations, such as analyzing the effectiveness of our Apps, improving our features, and for other, similar purposes. We may collect anonymous information through features of the Apps and through non-personal tracking technologies. This information is not used for behaviorally-targeted advertising.
PlayDate Digital does not sell, rent, share or transfer any of the information collected in ways other than described in this policy.
6. Third Party Service Providers
By using our Apps, you may be subject to certain third party terms and conditions and privacy policies, including but not limited to application stores, mobile software platforms, and social networking services
Our Shark Strike app developed in partnership with Discovery Kids uses additional third party service providers that are restricted from collecting information from children.
7. Links to Websites: PlayDate Digital Apps contain links to PlayDateDigital.com, social networking sites and to the Apple Store. These links are in place to allow parents or legal guardians to sign up for the PlayDate Digital newsletter, to permit users to engage with us on our social networking sites or to permit our users to rate our Apps or purchase other PlayDate Digital products. These sites are intended to be accessed by parents or legal guardians, as such are located within the “Parents Corner” of the Apps. If PlayDate Digital learns that a child under the age of 13 has accessed these links, PlayDate Digital will promptly delete any data that may have been collected and will make no further use of such data.
PlayDate Digital stores all data and information in secure operating environments and implements reasonable and generally accepted industry practices to prevent unauthorized access to the data. Please note that PlayDate Digital cannot and does not guarantee the security of materials or information transmitted to PlayDate Digital by users over the Internet or through wireless connections.
11. Special Notice to California Residents